Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Trip to the Zoo

Last weekend we went to the Kansas City Zoo. Jocelyn, Grandman Vicki, Sean, Malindi, Maddy, Jude, Olive and myself went. We couldn't have asked for better weather. It was a little warm but tolerable. It helped that they had misting fans throughout. At a few of them, I soaked Jocelyn. At first she was a little surprised, but I think she enjoyed it. Now, my mom and I had never been to the zoo before and it had been a really long time since Sean was there so none of us had any clue how we should tackle it. Let me just say, go to Africa first. We did Austrailia first. Bad idea. We ended up saving the long part of the zoo last. By the end, we were just trying to finish. The animals were a lot of fun. Most were interactive, but others just slept in the grass. Jocelyn did get to pet a few animals. I'm not quite sure she knew what to think about some of the monkeys running around. She did end up sleeping through part of it. It ended up taking almost 5 hours to get through the zoo. But it was a great time spending it with our family. It was neat to see all of the kids' reactions to the animals. Next time, we will probably be more prepared and tackle the zoo a little earlier in the day. Here are some pics of our day. I will add more once I get everyone elses' pics.




No comments:

Post a Comment